Concrete Scanning - Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
Southern Geophysical has been scanning concrete floors, walls, ceiling, columns, beams, footings, roofs, and other structures with radar since 2004. We have the depth and experience for all jobs.
Building owners and engineers trust Southern Geophysical to locate subsurface infrastructure prior to cutting or coring in concrete. We minimize cost, reduce hazards and allow structural concerns to be addressed.
Southern Geophysical owns a range of radar systems to tackle all sites and conditions. Where needed, Southern Geophysical combines technologies and disciplines, beyond basic concrete scanning.
- Slab thickness estimates, both for suspended slabs and slab-on-grade
- Rebar pattern location and mapping services
- Detection of post-tension cables
- Locating metallic and non-metallic pipes and conduits
- Detecting voids and concrete problems
- Locating pipes and cables including those buried within/under slab-on-grade concrete pads
- Reporting quantitative data for engineering applications
Shear Wave Testing
Southern Geophysical Ltd undertakes a range of vibration monitoring projects for:
- Demolition activity
- Construction activity
- Heavy transportation
- Pile driving
- Dynamic compaction
- Tunnel and subway construction
- Bridge construction/response
Cross-hole Shear Wave Velocity Measurements
Southern Geophysical Ltd is able to provide the CSV testing needed to determine if the target composite shear wave velocities are being met for your building site.